School of Education Programs and Faculty
Matt Neves, Dean
The Educator Preparation Program is currently accredited by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP) and approved by the Utah State Board of Education. Successful completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education or completion of requirements for Secondary Licensure leads to a Utah Professional Educator License.
The school offers an undergraduate minor in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
The school offers a program that leads to a state endorsement in English as a Second Language instruction. Students may enroll in this program for an endorsement-only undergraduate minor or as part of the Master of Education (MED).
- Margaret (Peggy) Cain, Professor and Director of MED, MACOL, and Educational Studies programs
- Marilee Coles-Ritchie, Professor
- Shawn Coon, Assistant Professor
- Kellie Gerbers, Associate Professor and Director of OEL program
- Lowell Oswald, Associate Professor and Educator Preparation Program (EPP) Director
- Rebecca Penerosa, Associate Professor