Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MSMHC) Admission Requirements
Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MSCMHC)
Admission to the program is based on an evaluation of demonstrated academic ability and potential for success in therapeutic counseling settings. Students enter the program at the beginning of the Fall semester only.
The application deadline is December 16, 2022, for the class beginning in August 2023. Late applications may be considered on a space-available basis.
A candidate for admission must submit the following materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Completed application form
- $50 application fee
- A professional statement of intent which addresses your motivation, preparation, and commitment to the field of mental health counseling. And, how do you see yourself making an impact in the field?
- Professional résumé detailing professional work experience, including relevant job titles, work experiences, responsibilities, and related activities
- Three letters of recommendation from a current or previous supervisor or professor who can address the candidate's academic and interpersonal skills relevant to the practice of a professional counselor.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended showing proof of baccalaureate degree earned from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Completion of a recorded interview within the online application form. Questions are provided within the application during the recording process.
Select applicants will be invited to a group interview session and/or additional individual interviews.
When an individual's application file is complete with required documents and according to application dates, the application materials are evaluated by the MSCMHC Admissions Committee. An interview with mental health counseling faculty will be arranged by the School of Nursing & Health Sciences. Once accepted into the program, the applicant must submit a $250 tuition deposit within 3 weeks (21 days), which guarantees a place in the entering class. Students admitted from the waitlist have 2 weeks (14 days) to pay the $250 tuition deposit. To preserve the faculty to student ratio, space availability in each class is limited. Westminster University reserves the right to close the class earlier than dates specified if enrollment goals are met before those dates.